Rhubarb Cream Pie


  Rhubarb Pies are the most common form of Rhubarb usage. The recipes vary from plain Rhubarb, Strawberry Rhubarb, I have seen one for Sour Cream Rhubarb which I have not tried. 
  I do make a Custard Rhubarb pie but the recipe I am going to post is our favorite and the one I have the most requests for and make the most often.

Rhubarb Cream Pie
4 cups sliced Rhubarb
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs slightly beaten eggs

Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg. 
Beat into 3 slightly beaten eggs. Add 4 cups sliced rhubarb. 
Line a 10 inch pie plate with pastry. Pour in the filling. Dot with 2 tablespoons of butter. Top with a lattice crust and bake in a 400° oven 50 to 60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.