Ronneburg Restaurant Cottage Cheese


We live close enough to the Amana Colonies in Iowa to visit several times a year. We enjoy the Ronneburg Restaurant, whose German-Swiss style menu reminds me of dishes that were served in our families’ homes as a child. We always enjoy their famous version of cottage cheese – so popular I have seen it frequently on the internet – I found it in the Dallas Morning News a few years ago as a requested restaurant recipe. The restaurant has the recipe on their paper placemats so their customers can take it home.  They serve it with all of their  "family style" meals, where they put bowls of side dishes and baskets of breads on the each table for diners to share.

Ronneburg Restaurant Cottage Cheese
Serves 4
16 Ounces Cottage Cheese -- 2 cups
1 Green Onion -- (including some of the tops)chopped
2 Tablespoons Buttermilk
¼ Teaspoon Salt
Dash Pepper
Combine all ingredients.
Yield: "2 Cups"

2 comments:

  1. I will be trying this recipe this week! I so miss eating at the Amanas. I used to live in Eastern Iowa, now in north central Iowa and just don't make it back to the Amanas very often. My two all-time favorites--their cottage cheese and sauerbraten. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. Will be making Amana-style cottage cheese this week! I miss being able to go there regularly. My two all-time lifelong favorites from the Amanas: cottage cheese and sauerbraten.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.