Salmon with Sour Cream Mustard Topping

We love salmon.  It’s one of our few little luxuries.  We really enjoyed this recipe from "Down Home Cooking” – it was simple – 15 minutes from refrigerator to plate.  I broiled this in my Breville toaster oven – it preheats in minutes.  The sauce was a simple stir-together, but it accented the salmon and went well with the sautéed cabbage and onions with caraway seeds I served with it.  I actually used a little plain (not toasted) onion sour cream dip instead of plain sour cream because I had some left from another recipe – delicious.               
Salmon with Sour Cream-Mustard Topping
  12      ounces  salmon fillet
  4        tablespoons  butter -- melted
     1/4  teaspoon  salt
            dash  pepper
                        Topping
  4        tablespoons  sour cream
  3        teaspoons  grainy mustard
  2        teaspoons  lemon juice
     1/2  teaspoon  dill weed
Oil broiler pan.  Place salmon on broiler pan; brush with butter.  Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning and brushing with butter once during cooking.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with topping.
Topping:  In small bowl, combine ingredients for topping; serve over fish.
2 servings
Per Serving: 471 Calories; 36g Fat (67.7% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 163mg Cholesterol; 733mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 Fat.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't always been a fan of fish of any kind until my husband encouraged me to try salmon. When it's properly prepared it's actually pretty tasty--sadly, too many people overcook it.

    The mustard sauce sounds perfect--Steve and I enjoy mustard both as a condiment and as a seasoning in recipes, so I would be happy to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.