Tasty Timesaving Cooking


The book, Better Homes and Gardens Tasty Timesaving Cooking, printed in 1988, is excellent!  It has great photos, lots of kitchen tips, shopping and menu planning ideas, and chapters on 15 minute and 30 minute recipes, off-the-shelf dinners, fast fix-ups, make-ahead recipes and microwave recipes.
I first looked at this in the library, had to take it back, of course, so I had to find a used copy to keep.  What appealed to me was the good use of fruits and vegetables, not-too-many expensive convenience foods, and I especially liked the “Fix-ups” pages – ways to personalize things like a muffin mix, pound cake, biscuits, cheesecakes, crackers, popcorn, etc. at the last minute.  
My only problem with this cookbook was knowing when to quit!  I find myself going back to it again and again for ideas to use for what’s in my garden, freezer or cupboard.  Here are a few recipes we shared on the blog.

Tortellini or Ravioli in Cream Sauce

Oven Fried Pork Chops

Sautéed Chicken with Nuts and Mushrooms

Tamale Pie

French Onion Casserole


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.