Mixed Vegetable Sauté

When I served this dish for lunch, my husband said “we have to be sure to plant peppers this spring”.  I used garden peppers from the freezer for this, that’s why there are some red peppers too.  I always have canned mushrooms, celery and onion on hand, so this is an easy choice for me – pretty and handy.              
When I cook frozen peppers, I only thaw them a few minutes before throwing them in the wok.  This is a good vegetable to serve when your entrée isn’t last minute too – like baked fish or chops or a somewhat plain casserole like macaroni and cheese that can use a flavorful, colorful side dish.
                          Mixed Vegetable Sauté
  3    each  Green Peppers -- cut in wide strips
  3    medium  Onion -- sliced
  3    stalks  Celery -- sliced
  3    tablespoons  Salad Oil
  8    ounces  Canned Mushroom Slices -- drained
         Salt and Pepper -- to taste
Sauté vegetables in oil until tender.  Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.  Add mushrooms and seasonings.
6 Servings
  "Southern Living Quick and Easy Cookbook"
Per Serving: 109 Calories; 7g Fat (54.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 181mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.