Chili Dog Wraps


 While sorting some recipe sheets I had printed out and saved I ran across this recipe for Chili Dog Wraps. It was from 2002 so you can see I hadn’t gone through that file for quite awhile. I had everything called for except the corn tortillas, so fixed it for supper tonight. Now we are wondering why I waited so long to try it. 
 This is easy, fast, and best of all Gluten Free if you are careful of the brands you buy.
I used Hormel chili in the can as we all like it and it is GF. Also Hormel all beef hot dogs or Wimmer brand hot dogs and of course the corn tortillas are GF. I did check the brand label and they were very good tortillas. Warmed them and they rolled up just great. The brand if you can find them is La Banderita. 
 Served them with the usual sides to add, sour cream, black olives and jarred Jalapenos. Buttered corn and cottage cheese and there you have a very quick and easy supper. Paper plates and the dish washing is at a minimum also. I made 2 apiece and that was a great plenty. You can add more Salsa or cheese to suit everyones taste.
 Chili Dog Wraps
10 corn Tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
10 hot dogs
1 can (15 ounces) chili
2 cups salsa (I used medium, we are wimps)
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
 Heat oven to 350°. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
 Soften tortillas as directed on package. Place 1 hot dog and 3 tablespoons chili on each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon salsa over tortillas.
 Cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

*Remember for Gluten Free to check your labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.