Marinated Cucumber Salad


This is quite good. I made my own Italian Dressing (recipe follows) to go with it as I didn’t want to have a lot left over. We like onions in it so I added a large onion and less cucumbers. I think I will try some Green Pepper rings in it next time. My daughter stopped when I was making this and ate quite a few before I got it in to chill. We ate close to the whole bowl for supper tonight. Really good! Just a little different than the standard recipes.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
Serves: 6
Ingredients
1/4 cup hot water
1/3 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
3 medium-sized cucumbers, cut into 1/8-inch slices
1 medium-sized onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Instructions
1. In a medium bowl, combine hot water, sugar, and Italian dressing. Add cucumbers and onions.
2. Mix well then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
The longer you let the cucumbers marinate, the more flavorful they become.

Italian Dressing
1 cup Salad Oil
1/4 cup good vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (this is powder not yellow mustard out of the jar)
1 clove garlic. minced
Dash Tabasco
Combine ingredients in a jar, cover and shake well.
I used vegetable oil and wine vinegar. I think Olive Oil would be to strong in this.
Really easy to make your own dressing and you don’t have all the preservatives in it.

I just want to add a addition to this. I tried it with bottled Italian Dressing, a name brand and no one liked it. I ended up rinsing the cucumbers well and starting over with homemade dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.