Baked Spam Rolls

This is a Fifties kind of recipe I’ve been making all my married life. I don’t know where I got it, sometime back when I was a teenager, but after we didn’t have any kids at home I have found that it’s convenient to make patties of the mixture with my hamburger patty press and then freeze the patties. I can thaw them quickly and bake the patties in homemade hamburger buns for delicious, oozy sandwiches. Of course, just bake and serve them when you make the mixture too. Serve with relishes and homemade cookies for a quick lunch or light supper.
Freezer Spam or Ham Rolls
Serving Size : 8
½ Pound cheddar cheese
12 Ounces Spam -- or ham or chunk balogna
3 ounces dill pickle
3 teaspoons onion – minced (about a thin slice)
1 Teaspoon Mustard – yellow (optional)
¼ Cup Mayonnaise -- or Miracle Whip
Chop cheese, ham, onion and pickles in food processor. Add mayonnaise and mustard, if desired.
Patty the mixture into 2 oz. portions with 2 sheets of wax paper between the patties. Freeze in a gallon freezer bag.
Heat the oven to 350°. Place the thawed patty between bun sections. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or microwave until mixture is melted.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 110 Calories; 10g Fat (81.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 149mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.