Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce

  Bettie and I are both fans of Salmon Cakes so when I saw this recipe in the Land O Lakes Comfort Foods cookbook, I decided to try it. It is just a little different then the one I was using, as it has Dijon Mustard and fresh garlic in it.
  The sauce called for Land O Lakes Mayonnaise and Dill Blend and sour cream.
I could not get that type of Mayo here, I took the amount of Mayo called for and added dill weed to it. I also garnished the patties with some dill weed when serving. The amount you use could depend on how well you like dill. I think it would be fine without it.
  That said, the patties were quite good and I will try that recipe again. We had them with scalloped potatoes and orange glazed beets. Really back to my childhood suppers. As usual the Land O Lakes cookbooks did not let me down,
Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce
Sauce
2 Tablespoons Land O Lakes Mayonnaise & Dill Blend
2 Tablespoons sour cream
Patties
½ cup dried bread crumbs
½ cup finely chopped green onion (I had regular white onion, so used that)
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 (14 to 15 ounce can red salmon, flaked, skin and bones removed
1 Tablespoon Dijon style mustard
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
In small bowl combine mayo, dill and sour cream; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
In Large bowl, combine all salmon ingredients; mix well. Form mixture into 4 patties.
In 10 inch skillet melt butter; add salmon patties. Cook over medium high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through (10 t0 12 minutes)
To serve top each cake with 1 tablespoon dill sauce
Land O Lakes Comfort Food 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Myrna; I've saved a lot of your recipes and plan on using every one of them, but this one is already printed out and will be on its way to the kitchen when I log off in a couple minutes.

    I'll whip up a batch, put them in the fridge, and cook 'em up for supper tonight; baked taters and peas on the side, I think...

    Thank you for this recipe; you've simplified my life, for today, anyway!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.