Colombian Chicken and Rice


  I was in the mood for a casserole for supper and as I had three tomatoes decided to try this recipe for Colombian Chicken and Rice from the Basics and More Cookbook of Sue’s. With the addition of Honey Cornbread this was a simple meal to fix and eat.
  I did do it slightly different from the directions as I did not add the tomatoes till near the end so that they would stay in nice diced pieces and not turn into mush. Also I did not put it in the oven. I sautéed the vegetables slightly, added the chicken to warm it and stirred in the cooked rice that I cooked in the broth.
  If you do not have the broth from the chicken, use a can of chicken broth and enough water to equal two cups.
  I am going to give you the directions as I made it. Many of the older recipes cooked things to death, and we felt this was very good this way.
Colombian Chicken and Rice
2 Tablespoon butter
3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup dry rice
1 ½ cups cooked chicken
1 Tablespoon chopped olives
In a skillet, saute the first four ingredients. Cook the rice in the chicken broth for 20 minutes till broth is absorbed. Stir rice into the sauteed vegetables, add the chicken and olives and heat through. Just a few minutes will heat everything. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks simple, tasty and versatile...it would be so easy to throw in a few other ingredients depending on what you have in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.