Baked Fish Fillets


 Here’s an easy recipe for fancy fish from the "Farm Journal Time Saving Country Cookbook."  It is easy, I used left-over egg whites from another recipe that used the yolks, and the topping was zesty and added a lot to the blandness of the cod I used.  I simply whipped my egg white with my hand-held electric mixer with its wire whip right in a 2 cup measure.  I didn’t fold in the mayonnaise and mustard mixture, I added it to the whipped white and blended it in with the mixer just a few seconds.  That helps keep the whites stiff.  I sprinkled ours with a little dry dill weed for some extra flavor.
                            Baked Fish Fillets
  1        Pound  Cod Fillets -- frozen
  1        Large  Egg White
     1/4 Cup  Mayonnaise
  1         Tablespoon  Prepared Mustard
     1/2 Teaspoon  Salt
     1/8 Teaspoon  Pepper
Thaw fish and cut in 4 pieces.  Place skin side down in greased shallow baking dish.
Beat egg white until stiff.  Fold in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.  Spread on fish.
Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork and topping is brown.
4 Servings
Per Serving: 199 Calories; 13g Fat (56.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 467mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.