Family Favorites - Carrot and Pineapple Salad

This morning I made one of the few Jello salads I still make. We all like it in the summer and I will use it as a side with cold cuts, rolls and some baked beans for supper tonight. There are a bunch of recipes out for Carrot, Pineapple Jello Salad. I used just one box of jello as I wanted to use it up tonight.
This can be put in a ring mold, individual molds, or spooned out of the bowl. Depending on how fancy you want to get. Some Mayo mixed with a small amount of the pineapple juice makes a nice topping and it looks pretty served on lettuce leaves. The great thing is how easy it goes together. I grate the carrots in my food processor. Makes it makes it much easier to do.
Carrot and Pineapple Salad
1 three ounce box of Orange Jello
1 eight ounce can crushed pineapple
3/4 to 1 cup grated carrots
1 cup boiling water
Drained pineapple juice and water to make one cup
Dissolve a 3oz. box Orange Jello in one cup of boiling water
Drain pineapple, save juice.
Add enough cold water to the juice to make one cup and stir into jello mixture
Let cool while you grate carrots. I used about 10 of the mini carrots. 
Stir carrots and pineapple into Jello and pour into molds or dish. Let set.
This will take awhile, so be sure to do it in the morning for supper.

4 comments:

  1. Shades of our childhoods. My mother fixed this salad on a regular basis and I loved it then and I love it now when Myrna makes it for us. I don't usually like raw carrots, but this is my exception to the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having this for every holiday meal...and why not? It's pretty, has texture, can be made ahead and everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Myrna! I just called my sister in Iowa and we talked about having this at every holiday meal. I decided to make it this year for our Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun I think so many of us grew up with that salad. It surely must be one of Jello's best recipes. I hope it turns out well.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.