Oven Baked Asparagus


  Asparagus is one of my least liked vegetables. In fact, I won’t eat it. However, Lyle and Bettie are very fond of it. When I was looking for ways to fix it, the Taste of Home Country Cooking had several recipes. This one looked so simple and foolproof that I gave it a try. It will now be my recipe for asparagus. Everyone liked it and I enjoyed the easy prep and cleanup. So if you are a fan of this vegetable, give this a try.
Bake with your meat, just adding the last 25 minutes of the meat's cooking time.
Oven Baked Asparagus
1 pound fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
  Place the asparagus on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Dot with the butter.
Bring long edges of foil together and fold over to seal. Crimp ends tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. (25 worked well) Carefully open foil to let steam escape. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
How Easy Is That!

3 comments:

  1. We have the asparagus debate in our house too, haha. This recipe sounds delicious. One of the ways I've found to get my family to eat their veggies is to roast them in the oven. Asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc... I don't even envelope mine in foil. Right onto the baking sheet with a little olive oil and seasoning. Veggies taste so nutty and delicious after roasting. Thank you for sharing another easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe - I have been at a loss about what to cook lately. You two always have the best recipes. And we froze 40 pounds of asparagus - so this should be on our menu every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice compliment. Where did you get 40 pounds of asparagus? Yours or did you have a good source to buy it?
    Lyle and Bettie would be glad to see it on the menu every week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.