Meatballs with Cottage Cheese and Ground Beef


Start to Finish
 After making a meatloaf combining ground beef and cottage cheese, I decided that I wanted to make meatballs from the same recipe. The recipe came from a reader of our blog and was in a comment. She/he didn’t post a name with it which is too bad as it is very, very, good. 
  The meatballs are even better than the meatloaf is. I made mine small size, about a tablespoon rounded up. I did use a tablespoon scoop to make them with. If you make them larger keep in mind they will need to bake longer than the time given in the recipe. I am suggesting some seasonings at the bottom of the recipe, feel free to use as many or all of them or use the seasonings from a recipe you already use and like.
 The cottage cheese keeps the meatballs moist and the small size makes them easy to handle. Don’t over mix as that will make them tough. I did drain the cottage cheese but not too dry as I wanted the balls to stay moist.
 Thanks again to our reader and hopefully they will see this and know we all liked them.
Ground Beef Cottage Cheese Meatballs
Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 8oz container of cottage cheese (partly drained)
2 eggs
 Mix well with whatever seasonings you are using, if adding onion or celery, dice and sauté for a few minutes so they soften in the short time the meatballs bake. Drain the cottage cheese leaving it still creamy, just not as much liquid, add to meat mixture along with the eggs. 
 Make into 1 tablespoon size balls and place in a pan with sides, lined with greased aluminum foil. Bake at 350° for 16 minutes turning over and draining some of the extra liquid in the pan half way though. If freezing let cool on pan and freeze in a single layer. Once frozen they can be placed in a freezer bag or freezer container.

Suggested Seasonings 
Use as many as you want or all of them
1 small minced onion
1 or more tablespoon chopped green pepper
½ teaspoon ground/powdered Mustard
½ to 1 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
1 to 2 teaspoons horseradish
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce ©
1 teaspoon any herbs
½ teaspoon garlic salt or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder

4 comments:

  1. I love cottage cheese so I know these would be good! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the person who submitted the cottage cheese meatloaf recipe - I am extremely electronically challenged and after several tries finally got the recipe posted. I have been trying to post again but haven’t been able to get this second comment to go through. So glad you like the recipe. My cousin is celiac and I see her struggle with her diet. I was determined to get the recipe to you!

    Lana in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lana, thanks for your delicious recipe contribution! It's great to have a good recipe that the celiacs in our family and followers can enjoy that they had thought they would have to give up.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I am having some problems commenting except as anonymous and I want to tell you how much I enjoy the recipe. Many thanks Myrna

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.