Muffuletta Pasta

My husband tells me “You can make this anytime”, because “it has everything we like in it”.  It also has everything I usually have on hand in it too!  I loosely adapted this from a Taste of Home recipe; if you have it or can find it, substitute tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping for the black olives.  This is an easy dish that you don’t have to bake. 

Muffuletta Pasta 
  12         ounces  bow tie pasta
     1/3    cup  onion, diced
  1 1/2    teaspoons  butter
     2        teaspoons  minced garlic
  12         ounces  cubed fully cooked ham
  6           ounces  ripe olives – chopped and drained
  2 1/2   ounces  sliced pepperoni
     3/4    cup  heavy whipping cream
   2          tablespoons  butter
  6           ounces  shredded Italian cheese blend – 1 1/2 cups
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet (I use my wok), sauté onions in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham and pepperoni; sauté 2 minutes longer.
Cube remaining butter; stir butter and cream into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
Drain pasta; toss with ham mixture and olives. Sprinkle with cheese.

Yield:  4-6

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I love pasta salads and this looks really very easy to make. Can't go wrong with pepperoni in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this. I love muffuletta sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this tonight, big hit. Only had to use hard salami instead of pepperoni. Everyone gets heartburn from pepperoni. Other then that followed the recipe.
    Do you ever use kitchen klatter recipes? I have my mother in laws cookbook. Thanks Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked out a Kitchen Klatter cookbook from our local library...they are hard to find and expensive used. You're very lucky to have one.

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.