Saturday Thoughts...Small Recipe Lunch


Have picnic sour cream dip left over?  Here’s a recipe that is even better with flavored dip instead of plain sour cream.  I used Ranch Flavor Sour Cream Dip today and served the noodles with slices of roasted pork tenderloin and peas with pearl onions.     
Little containers of dip are often cheaper than the same amount of plain sour cream and up the flavor of a plain dish like this.  I didn’t want to buy more chips or prepare more vegetable dippers, so this went on our Saturday lunch table.  I also use dip in recipes like beef or chicken stroganoff instead of sour cream if it's a better buy or I have some already on hand.                  
Poppy Seed Noodles N' Cream for 2
  1 1/2    ounces  Noodles  
     1/4    cup  Sour Cream or sour cream party dip
     1/2    tablespoon  Butter
     1/4    teaspoon  Poppy Seed
In 2 quart saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions. 
 Return to pan, adding remaining ingredients.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and heated through. (1 to 2 minutes)
2 Side Dish Servings

  "Land O'Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes 1992"

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using this in place of sour cream, for instance the french onion may be good in beef stroganoff.
    Thank you. I'll have to look at all the flavors they have out and see what I can make using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sour cream and noodles. So those would be very good together.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.