Corn Starch...Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes


Argo Starch has a nice web site with several recipes including some Gluten Free which I am always interested in. This recipe calls for no flour it is using cornstarch as the flour which I thought was different. I am happy to say that it worked very well. The pancakes were light and tasted great.
 Cornstarch is much cheaper that GF flours or mixes so it is nice to have something to fall back on. I sure never thought of using it this way.
 When you put them on the griddle, be sure it is hot the first two I made spread all over the frying pan I was using. The rest of them were fine as the pan heated up. Do not spread them out and the ¼ cup of batter was just right. Anymore and I think they would be hard to flip. They are saying the pancakes  freeze well and that is what I did and will toast them in my toaster oven to reheat. It really does pay to check the web sites of your favorite brands to see what they have for recipes.

Gluten Free  Buttermilk Pancakes

For the pancakes:
 ¾ cup Argo® Corn Starch
  1 tablespoons sugar
  ½ tablespoon Argo® Baking Powder
 ⅛ teaspoon salt
   1 egg
   2 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons butter melted
   ½ cup buttermilk
   ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the pancakes:
Stir all ingredients together and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Lightly grease a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle and cook to desired level of browning, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Cool and place parchment paper or wax paper between extra pancakes and place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months. Reheat by toasting in a toaster oven.

2 comments:

  1. I love pancakes. I wish my hubby would eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make these for you and freeze what you don't eat?

      Delete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.