$avings $aturday...A 15-Minute Meal

 

We got home from walking in the morning…I wanted a fast meal to get on the table.  Here’s where my freezer and pantry came in handy. 

Our menu included:

Fannie Farmer Ham Patties  

Easy Cheese Grits

Mixed Vegetables  

Canned Pears    

I could just as well have substituted a ham slice, brats or breakfast sausage patties, as I had all of them in the freezer, but we enjoy the ham patties and I make a full recipe when our Fareway store has their ham loaf mixture (half ham, half ground pork) on sale and stash them in the freezer for days like this.  I fry them from frozen for 3 minutes on one side and two on the other.  The grits are the quick grits, not instant grits and take about 4-5 minutes to cook.  I already had the pears dished up and in the fridge, and it takes just a few minutes to microwave frozen mixed vegetables.  I also keep shredded cheese in the freezer and just broke off what I needed for my grits.  I buy frozen vegetables when they are on sale too, and keep a supply of canned fruit in the pantry, as well as bulk grits.

I warm my plates in my toaster oven and in 15 minutes lunch was on the table.  Check out the easy recipes below.


Easy Cheese Grits

2 comments:

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.