Cookbook Reviews...Barefoot Contessa Cookbooks



These three cookbooks from the Barefoot Contessa are among my favorite cookbooks. As you know if you follow our blog, both of us have a lot of cookbooks. 
  Ina Garten has some of the best of the newer cookbooks out on the market today.  While I now own seven of her books, these recipes are from the first three I bought Barefoot contessa at home, Barefoot contessa back to basics  and Barefoot contessa family style. I can’t tell you which is my favorite, the one I am using at the time, I guess. 
  Her recipes are up to date, many are a new twist on a older recipe and give me a different way of fixing something I have made for years. They are recipes that are right on amounts, timing and results. The color photos are beautiful, the paper the book is printed on is lovely, and all in all they are a class act.
  Many of my families favorite meals and desserts come from these cookbooks. We hope that you will enjoy taking a look at some of them and that it will inspire you to buy one or more of these cookbooks and get creative with your own family meals.
Here are recipes from these books that we recommend, some of the best we make, although there are more we haven't tried yet!

Creamy Cheddar Grits

Barefoot Contessa Apple Tart

Homemade Granola Bars

Honey Vanilla Pound Cake

Summer Fruit Crostata

Honey White Bread

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Lemon Yogurt Poundcake

Tri-Berry Muffins

Orange Marmalade

Oven Fried Chicken

Herbal Iced Tea

Chive Biscuits

Gingerbread

Parmesan Chicken

Brown Rice, Tomatoes and Basil

Orange Poundcake

Raspberry Cheesecake

Chicken Noodle Soup

Orange Pecan Wild Rice

1 comment:

  1. Try her indonesian ginger chicken recipe. My family loves it. I don't have cook book but you can google it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.