Fannie Farmer Baking Book


  We have featured a few recipes from the Fannie Farmer Baking Book. My copy is from the 1996 reissue of the book. 
  This is considered by many to be the most complete book on baking on the market. 
  It is called the Bible of Baking for good reason. It offers at the start of each category of baking, the relevant cooking techniques, as well as equipment needed and invaluable tips. 
  With about 800 recipes and countless step by step instructions and illustrations even the very beginning cook can turn out no-fail baked goods. If you are a accomplished cook this is the book to use for a refresher course on baking. When ever I want to find something I haven’t tried or made for a long time, this is the book I use. 
  Marion Cunningham has updated and revised The Fannie Farmer cookbook and is the editor of this book. I consider myself a good baker but still find many basic techniques to consider and use. This is my go to book for any baking problems and good basic recipes. They are not all easy recipes, but will give you a good grounding in the art of baking and a springboard to making a recipe your own.






Raspberry Liqueur Pound Cake

Fresh Peach Turnovers

Spiced Sherry Apple Pie

Schraftt's Butterscotch Cookies

Gingersnaps

1 comment:

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.