Cookbook Reviews...Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes

I recently purchased a small older recipe booklet from Land O’ Lakes, called Comfort Food.  Every recipe I made turned out great!  When I saw this large cookbook from them, called Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes, printed in 1992, I had to have it.  The photography is enticing, the recipes varied and best of all, very few mixes and convenience foods, just real Midwestern ingredients in all their glory.  The how-to pages are excellent; this makes it a cookbook for experienced cooks and newcomers alike. Although we have both been cooking for more than 50 years, we found plenty to excite us in this book.
I shared the book with Myrna; she had to get her own copy as there were too many recipes she wanted to try.  She had to buy one for her daughter, Amy, because she was always copying out recipes she wanted to try.  I showed it to my grown son, Dave; I had to order one for him – he and his wife are both good cooks – the photos sucked him in!  In other words, this book is contagious!
The links below are some of the recipes we have tried from this cookbook – a variety of main dishes, soups, appetizers, vegetables, breads and desserts.  The book has many good grilling and salad recipes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.