Cookbook Reviews...The Taste of Home Recipe Book


The Taste of Home Recipe Book was published in 1994 and contains recipes from the first year of the magazine.  All the reasons I like the original magazine are in this book…mostly scratch recipes – budget meals, fast meals, cooking for one or two, entertaining…”My Mom’s best meal”….you can see why it’s one of the best food magazines.
I like cookbooks that have contributors who donate their best recipes – and Taste of Home has improved the format by making sure the directions are complete.  I often see the original recipes in older magazines, older food company advertising, Pillsbury contest books, and older cookbooks – but seeing them here means someone liked them well enough to send in the recipe, and they have made it their own, and of course, there are plenty of recipe photos.
I picked this up at a local book sale – and with 350 good recipes, I still find new ones to try.  Here are some we liked.

Chicken and Rice Dinner

Beef Enchiladas

Ambrosia Pudding

Golden Apple Bundles

1 comment:

  1. I love The Taste of Home. They always have good recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.