$avings $aturday...Week 2 of November


For week 2 of November, I found two good deals.
  The first was eggs on sale, for 77¢ a dozen.  The second was red or yellow peppers for 99¢ each.

I’ll use the eggs for cooking and baking, and I plan to make this recipe for a small Chiffon Cake.  It's one of our favorites and uses 4 eggs. 


I’m going to buy the peppers so I can make Refrigerated Pimientos or Marinated Sweet Peppers.  They are delicious and I’ll use them for the holiday coming up.  They are so easy and don't require canning or canning lids!


7 comments:

  1. Oh the pimentos sound great. I love red peppers and that is a great price! I would be making some pimento cheese with those. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! I made 3 jars this week...and we do use them for Pimiento Cheese. The only drawback is waiting for them to marinate...we want then now!

      Delete
  2. The chiffon cake sounds delicious! I think I'll try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll like it...it's one of the few cake recipes my husband likes.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a preferred pimiento cheese recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two...Myrna’s pimento cheese spread
      and Sue’s Cream Cheese Spreads.
      You might want to see which you like or which one you might already have the ingredients for. They are both good.

      Delete
  4. Eggs I would buy. Bell pepper, yuck....top of my hate list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.