Winter Canning 2022

Clockwise, Top left:  Chili, Ham and Bean Soup, Spit Pea Soup, Corn Relish

I’m starting my winter canning today, actually, by canning some more chili for the pantry.  I bought some ground beef for $2.97 a pound, what I actually paid in 2020 too, and I have all the other ingredients in my pantry.  I also have frozen corn I want to use, so I’m going to can Corn Relish. 

Looking at my freezer and my pantry inventory, I am also probably going to make Split Pea Soup and Ham and Bean Soup because I have some ham shanks I want to use and I have less than a case of each soup on hand and soup season isn’t over yet.

This gives me a chance to use some jars that would have stayed empty until late summer canning, and I’m replenishing my pantry.

I also usually can chicken and hamburger during this season, but I have enough on hand already canned to last this year, 45 half pints of chicken and 24 half pints of hamburger mix.

3 comments:

  1. I use to can all the time. Don't do it very much any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a garden any more so I do more canning like this for easy meals on busy days. I do can whatever garden stuff folks share with us when they get too much.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Annieh. I have probably experimented enough for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.